- The centre named “SAI Samarpan” is located at Plot No. A4 A5 Everest Garden, Irandam Kattalai, Chennai 600126.
- The centre is provided with lot of open space covering an area of more than 7000 sq ft (3 grounds). Around 2400 sq ft area has been earmarked exclusively for gardening and related activities for the special children
- In addition to the vast space provided for different activities the centre has also been provided with a roof garden spanning more than 800 sq ft.
- Following are the vocational training areas taken up for the initial set up.
- Gardening – focus will be on nursery garden activities(An exclusive 2400 sq ft area devoted for gardening activities and 800 sq ft of roof gardening.
- Loom (Weaving activity)
- Data Entry (Computer basics)
- Art and Crafts (Different handicraft activities)
- Making Agarbathies
- Kitchen activities including baking cakes, chocolate making cookies etc.
- Arecanut plate making
- The centre will focus on generic skill development of the special children and identify and prepare them for suitable vocations.Parents will be involved in all the activities and decisions concerning the young adults.
- Patanjali Yoga Samithi has since started conducting yoga classes at the centre for the local people as well our Special Children which will provide avenues for socialization and inclusion.
- The centre located in a serene atmosphere conducive for special children. is supported by experienced staff and is poised for providing state of the art facilities for training special children.
- Special children who are 15 years and above can ideally benefit from the Vocational Training Centre facilities provided by SAI Samarpan .The centre will arrange for suitable training after assessment of the trainees and the plans are to support their placements after training.Pre vocational training will be provided for 2 to 3 years as per assessments of individual trainees.
- The centre has also plans to start a sheltered workshop in due course so that the trained adults who are not in a position to be placed in open employment or take self employment can be accommodated at the centre itself with due returns for their productive services.